IRIS Detect has some unique benefits over traditional pedestrian detection systems
Because IRIS Detect leverages the most widely adopted wearable safety technology in the world –the high-vis vest– the system conforms to the user, not the other way around. This addresses the biggest cause of system failure, lack of adoption.
- Improved safety out of the box with minimal training and implementation overhead.
- No ongoing additional cost to maintain detectability. Anyone wearing Class-II safety apparel or better is detectable.
- Precisely shaped detection zones and people-only detection minimises unwanted detections to maximise productivity.
- Reliable performance and fewer system components results in less maintenance overhead.
- Unaffected by interference in challenging RF environments.
- Ideally suited for OEM integration into machines because it doesn’t require proprietary tags to be worn.
- System affordability ensures widespread adoption resulting in maximum effectiveness.
Simple and effective
Implementation is easy because workers in hazardous areas already wear hi-vis safety vests. No change in behaviour is needed to receive the added safety benefit.
Compared to alternative systems like magnetic field sensors, IRIS provides a simple, cost-effective way to reduce the risk of accidental collision.
IRIS only detects retro-reflective material within the hazard area. Minimal false positives results in maximum system effectiveness.
IRIS detectors are designed to work day or night, indoors or outdoors in harsh environments.
IRIS Detectors can detect anyone wearing standard Class-II high-visibility apparel. Vehicles and stationary hazards can also be tagged with retroreflective tape to enable detection.
Coverage zone and detection range can be tailored according to the application.